Monday, September 20, 2010

Tidying up the Tour

20 September 2010 – The Tour is over. No water balloons were thrown during the Tour – except those that I solicited during the Kent Street Prologue. Dad is home as we left New Orleans within 30 minutes of meeting after the last stage (for some reason he did not like that city), and two hectic days of driving returned us to Wisconsin. I visited Herb for two days, but was not encouraged by his condition. While there I had Todd from Performance Auto Repair (Lake Villa IL) do maintenance on my Corolla for the trip back to Tempe – Thanks Todd, the work was good and you deserved those beers for doing the work unscheduled. Stopped to visit Phil and Rose in Ames – Phil and I did a deal for the extra wheel set that bedeviled me the whole Tour, as I did not need it and I had to keep packing and unpacking those two spare wheels. While I am doing thanks I’d like to thank Ed and Debbie B. from Jacksonville Mississippi for our conversations and for adding to the Herb video on YouTube – sorry it took so long to post. Thanks also to Gloria at Days Inn in Superior WI who saw my point about the cold water and adjusted our room rate. A special thanks to all those truckers – every single one of whom gave me a wide berth on all the roads from Minnesota to Louisiana. I have been mulling over what, if anything, changed in me or my life as a consequence of the Tour. More about that matter in the next post.

Thought for the day: There is no rational basis for faith, and the enlightened experience is always a self-evident one.

P.S. Thanks for the congratulations everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment