Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rest Day

We (I) decided not to ride today, although this does not mean we weren't busy. Before we left Memphis we went to the bank, had breakfast (where I left my Lumir hat), went and bought cigars, then went to buy cokes, a new cribbage board (which was with the dirty laundry we left someplace), ice, gasoline, and washed the car. It gets so dusty and I hate closing a dirty lift back on the van. Then we drove to Greenville Mississippi where I will do one leg from about 40 miles north down to just outside Greenville tomorrow, and the followng day I will do a leg south. Being tired makes two nights in the same motel seem highly desirable. With all the running around Memphis, we didn't actually get a place to stay until 1800, very late by our standards.

Thought for the day: Pray for Bill who is biking on the flatest road, in the hottest and humidest sunny weather yet. Oh yeah, and please vote the corrupt rascals out.

No comments:

Post a Comment