Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stage 16 Google bike directions are definitely beta [WAS-17, USA-nil]

31 August 2010 – Completed a 42 miles of the Mississippi River Trail between Dyersburg and Munford TN. The 16.5 mile stretch at the top of the trail ran on top of a levee, flat as can be. The remainder was up and down as the heat and humidity kept going up and up. By the end I was completely exhausted. I am contemplating a rest day tomorrow. After talking to Dad I think we will try to wrap up the Tour in New Orleans in 5 or 6 days. Yesterday I forgot to mention I had one of the best hamburgers of my life in a café called MeMaw’s in Hickman TN. Somehow we lost our laundry bag with two pair of socks, underware and two Tour t-shirts. Lucky I did the laundry yesterday so the bag was nearly empty. The biggest loss was bur cribbage board, which we also stored in the laundry bag. I am tired and going to bed.

Thought for the day: No board, no 19 hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment