Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fun and Safety

19 July 2010 – To prepare for the first video about the Tour, I had a conversation with an Air Force Colonel who is also an avid bicyclist with more than a little experience with the force of water balloons (another story). His observations increased my awareness of the physics involved and led to the subject of this blog, which you are free to call a plea on behalf of my safety. The three parts of the plea follow immediately: (1)Be standing still when you toss the balloon; (2) toss the balloon underhand; and (3) please use clean liquid tap water. These steps will help preserve my well-being and insure that a crash-related injury does not prevent me from finishing the Tour.

Thought for the day: JA-RU Toys makes perfect water balloons or they are available on Amazon. Buy some and practice on a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment