Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dad

24 July 2010 – After Dad receives his Tour t-shirts he calls and asks “what are all these yellow shirts for?” and I say “did you read the back?” He says “wait a minute” and puts the phone down. Two minutes later he is back on the line and says “oh”. I say “yeah there for you to wear on the Tour”. “Okay” is his reply and we start talking about Herb when I realize that I need to know “Dad do you have a current passport?” and he says “Wait a minute” and he’s gone again. I wait three or five minutes – I have to laugh -- and then I hear “Yeah, why?” I say “You may need it to get back in the country”. “Okay, that’s taken care of.” “No it will be taken care of when we leave with the van.” “Okay.” At 92 he takes his time and remains mellow most of the time. I look forward to traveling with him, although at 92 there are certain stories I will have to hear many times – costs and benefits.

Thought for the day: Hint here.

No comments:

Post a Comment