Monday, July 12, 2010

A journey starts before the first pedal

12 July 2010 – Imagine a paved path 18-36 inches wide stretching from one side the country to the other. In my mind’s eye I see myself bicycling from one end to the other of this path. I see drivers coming up from behind, passing me, reading my t-shirt, and wondering what the 2010 Tour of Water Balloons is. Some will get go to the Internet and find my Facebook page, my YouTube videos, and this blog. There they will see that I intend to start this journey August 15 2010 and learn that I have invited everyone to find me and gently toss a water balloon in my direction. They will learn this blog is a record of my journey, experiences and thoughts along the way. They will learn I intend to keep score (one point for me on each day I get through without getting wet, via water balloon, one point for the country on day’s that I do. The score starts at Bill – zero, Country –zero).
Thought for today: I prefer to do things for myself and/or pay my own way.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a joyful journey! We'll be looking for you on the Oregon coast.

    ReplyDelete