Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fact of the Matter

14 July 2010 – The previous post recounts origins of the Tour. Fact is I am not leaving from Seattle, rather an undisclosed location - for the simple reason that it would be too easy for the country to pinpoint my location and pummel me every day. I’m as competitive as the next person, so I’d like to win the game, and an early lead is my best chance. I won’t be posting locations but I will recount in a general way my progress and experiences as I go – I will work to include obscure clues as to my location. Most days I will wear one of my 12 Tour t-shirts with a Tour logo, hence I am not exactly hiding. On August 6th I leave Tempe to pick up my Dad who will drive his van as a support vehicle – together we will head to the start point (Until day 1 of the Tour, the score remains: Bill – zero, Country –zero). I am really happy for Dad's company as he is a skilled tool man – not an inherited trait– which may come in handy, and after breakfast he is pretty easy-going.

Thought for today: Inertia is the enemy of innovation.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bill,

    How many miles are you planning on going? Do you want practice being hit with balloons and not crashing your bike? Tarah and I would be glad to help.

    ReplyDelete