Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stage 3 1/3 -- Rain. [Score WAS-4, USA-nil]

18 August 2010 – Rain (I will not ride in it if it is) Cold. We traveled the length of the Willard Munger Trail looking for a spot where the rain might stop. It never did so we headed for our new starting point. On the way there we found a county road that I thought would make a good segment so I got the bike together put on my gear and took off. It had stopped raining by that time. The road was so deserted that Dad rode along behind clocking me. I thought I was following along the county road signs but somehow I made it onto Loon Lake Road or Trail and made a big circle back toward, but not quite there, to where I started. I said that’s enough for me as my back was twinging when I got up this morning, and continued to do so on the ride After getting a motel we scouted out tomorrow’s run and found a motel right at the end of the run (if it does not rain). Right on a lake too. The temperature is higher now and the sun came out this evening. Tomorrow may be real good. No bad news from IL is a good thing.

Thought for the day: Some people hold a few good principles and values and spend most of their time gathering facts (I am amazed by my father).

No comments:

Post a Comment