Saturday, August 21, 2010

Stage 6 -- Bemused mostly [WAS-7,USA-nil]

21 August 2010 -- You can ’t see it but there is a sky hook attached to the back of my bicycle. Somehow or another it hooks the jet stream and drags it southward as I bicycle along. For two days I have started in cold and wet (not necessarily rain) conditions and reached warmer conditions by the end of the ride. On both days the evenings were also sunny, yet the morning brought a return to the cold and damp. The only explanation is that the jet stream is being pulled southward by some previously inexplicable force. I surmise (based on the butterfly in China theory of effects) that it’s me. Yes, today –despite a backache – I am bemused by life, with momentary lapses into mild outrage. For example after seeing so many persons in so many different jobs and life situations, and after talking to some of them, I am starting to be outraged by the presumption of politicians – all politicians – who think that they should tell all these multitudes how to run their (e.g., health care) lives. What gall! Stop with the taking care of everybody. Who asked you? Oops, starting to rant and that really does take the fine edge off a sense of bemusement. I am going out to collect a prime video segment tonight. Hope it works as it is a perfect companion to the one I got today. Tomorrow the Dells.

Thought for the day: Forgive me, I am only human. On the other hand give a thought to what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment